Monday 22 August 2011

Holy Shit, That Guy's 5.0!

Bold Pilot Log, Entry #20

Note to self #1: pirate corps that look at your sec status as a primary objective are being unprofessional at recruiting.
Note to self #2: when a 5.0 guy joins a pirate corp, he's up to something :P

I tought I'd give a little background about me. Not that I think I'm interesting, but there are some people who might get something out of it.

So, I was born a capsuleer a fewmonths more than a year before, and ever since then I was striving to do something to make a difference. Not as in big 'make a difference in a world', but do something I can look back at, and say, 'yeah, god, was that cool.' I've been hunting those moments all the time, and had quite a few. I'm not going to go through them, because it's realy hard to ecplain why would I remember some things this way. Rather, I'd go through the history of what I thought when I was doing things.

I joined EVE because a bunch of long-time gaming friends did and we saw the way we could make our game pay for itself. That was a cruicial point as we had to organize our carrers around it. This wasn't really much fun, but learning the roper was certainly an experience I look back and smile. We did try to make up a pirate corp, but things kind of fell apart as our mentor and the CEO of the corporation decided he had enough of EVE for a time. So we were sitting there, missioning for our PLEX. It wasn't fun, a side from the occasional challenging mission or getting into a new ship, devising new fits. Then we decidd we want to take a look at 0.0.

Joining a renter corp in Tenerifis was a kinda-good idea. In hindsight, it taught me one thing: grinfing for ISK and flying carriers is not what I want. Some of us stayed, some of us drifted on, now to a corp that was then part of a pet alliance. They had their own space in Period Basis, and the months passed by slowly as the alliance fell apart. The corp was forced back to high sec, but in about a month, it could return to its previous hunting grounds. Really good bunch of people. Had gun talking to them, but unfortunately we've slipped inot inactivity due to our alliance being in the learning stages, leaving many people unsatisfied. Back to high sec, and summer hit.

So I was sitting around, looking for lowsec systems to scout for weeks, and then saw a recruitment post somewhere. The thing is, most pirate corps have an attitude in their recruitment posts that deters inexperienced people. FLA5HY RED doesn't. They let me in, afterall. I'm not sure where this is going. There are times in your life when you feel you just have to do something. If nothing else for, jsut to see if this is what you really want. So I'll stop worrying about the 400 millions a month, and lurk in the forlorn wasteland of EVE, low sec.

The lessons I learned?

  1. Tough I can and do enjoy PVE activities, I'd rather have the opportunity to cease shooting crosses and start warp scrambling people.  I have too much repressed aggression to be a carebear.
  2. 0.0 blob warfare isn't particularly a place where I feel I'm useful.
  3. I now have a life to atted to, and that's not an excuse, it's a fact that drives my playstyle.
  4. I don't like half-assed attempts and disoriented leadership. I'm not going to comlpain, just go my way (and probably die in a fire).
  5. Don't look at my sec status. I'm still a pirate (wannabe).


Sessym out.

No comments:

Post a Comment