Thursday 14 July 2011

The Yarr Gene

Bold Pilot Log, Entry #12

I usually rant and rave about the greater goings-on inside the EVE universe and everything else connected. Now I feel it's time I share a few thoughts that are related to my own dealings.

First of all, no longer being a part of the 0.0 business, I enjoy, like most of the people flying warships in high sec space, the new world of missioning. It became a lot easier to access agents and I like it. There are some unexpected (or rather, well expected) effects of this improved quality of life. Namely, the quiet backwater system I live in with the former Q20 agent now is home to a lot more people. The population exploded into three or four times its size since then.

There is another interesting trend here. I'm not sure if they are new, or just growing rich, buy fancy new ships, but I see more and more expensive, pimped ships each day. Such is human nature, you might say. Where people had only flown Dominixes, Apocs, Ravens and even Drakes, now is quite a few Machariels, Golems, navy issue ships. Watching them, something happened to me.

I remembered. The roots of my EVE playtime came back to me. The things I have been taught, and the thing that I was originally interested in. Piracy. I grew jealous of their shiny ships and began to thirst their loot. I already know the thesis of getting it. Just need a few more millions to begin tricking them into giving me their stuff or their money. So yeah, the Yarr Gene surfaced. There's hoping I won't screw up, because if I don't do, there may be some more interesting stories here.

Sessym out.

No comments:

Post a Comment